Hot Portfolio Manager

The bit about dad is just that being a PM in your late 20s is far less impressive than it sounds if it’s because your dad tossed you a X MM portfolio like he was tossing her the keys to a new car. Being a PM in your late twenties generally means that you impressed the heck out of people and led them to trust your judgement. If that person is your dad, it’s generally not nearly as impressive as having to impress others. That doesn’t mean she can’t go on and do well… it just means that you have to measure peoples accomplishments against what they’ve had to struggle against in order to achieve them. In much the same way that you can’t base a company’s value solely on what their revenue is. Wendy’s stock is up in my book (again).

I did not listen to the interview, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she is a momentum player. I am die hard value investor but depending on cap size and circumstances, I won’t buy / sell strictly on valuation either. Particularly for small caps, stocks can stay cheap for a long time. As much as people like to talk about buying businesses and not just trading pieces of paper, at the end of the day, the only way to make money is when someone is willing to pay more for it than you did some time back. Valuation and business analysis are key to developing margin of safety, but it’s possible to have a brilliant analysis and still not make any money. You make money when other people want to own the shares and bid them up – that’s it. Havnig a catalyst or source of momentum is key.

By the way, 6 / 10 for the girl. Some of you people need to get out more often.

bromion, name me 3 stocks that stayed cheap over the past 5 years in your view…i’ll go with your criteria for what you consider cheap…top of the list for big caps some have suggested include MSFT, INTL, WMT… chick is hot for a finance babe…name me 3 other hot babes (non reporters) that are finance related…please provide link also if there are any…greatly appreciated.

tori black/Naomi are waaaay hotter ANAList

i’m down with Naomi…definitely talented classy babe…i also like hillary scott…definitely a hall of famer… i think that alexis texis is overrated.

Anyone is qualified to make an opinion on her appearance. But unless you know her or are somehow connected to her professionally no one here is qualified to comment on her qualifications or how she got where she is. You are all speculating. And yes junior, if Wendy is a Ops Analyst she is even less qualified to be making comments about her qualifications. Walk around SSGA and that place is filled with people in their 20s managing institutional money. That I know for a fact. Not really a big deal. Do you know what the approach is at her firm? She might be a PM in name only. The website says “Investment Analyst.” Maybe they pick stocks on a team basis or by committee. Then she would just be the face. I think all of you should stop whining though.

Dude, start living and laughing and loving, man!

Blake you seem like a very fun and cool individual …

Blake is an angry man lol

I am.

Everyday I’m Shufflin brah. I promise you. I have to remember that not everyone has the skills that I do and that is why they would be jealous of a slightly above average woman who is probably a PM in name only. It’s just not a big deal.

nice!, well since Blakey says he is shufflin brah then surely he is .after all this is the internet…continue on

Guys, leave Blake alone. He’s got Masters Degree. And it was noooooo picnic.

Blake misses the can when he takes a dump, that is why he is mad…

^ Got a lol out of me

Blake is that your real pic? … …

Frankie; it seems that your fiancée Ms. Genevieve Roch-Decter is becoming a regular on the Business News Network…

http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip646958

“loosen the spigots”

“pump out”

“tapped out”

“string of pearls”

This cannot be unintentional.

She’s young and probably a bit nervous during the interview which is why she talks funny. In ten years, well the sky’s the limit for her because she appears to be very smart and she has her dad backing her play.

Not really into white girls but I’d kick with her for sure…

thanks Wendy for posting!!!