IF YOU PASSED, when are you able to use the credentials

CFA Institute approved my work experience in two days. My Society, though, hasn’t approved me yet - 10 decision days remaining. Odd thing - submitted and was approved by CFA Institute for more than the minimum experience months. But when I go to ‘manage my applications’, next to my Society, it says I submitted zero months. Hope I didn’t mess anything up! Might give the Society a call today to see what’s taking so long.

dude my local society is taking forever…cmon

Called my Society this morning. Their board is not meeting this month and they only approve applications at these meetings. It’s going to be a few weeks until they approve my application. I wonder what will happen if the number of decision days left for them to approve drops to zero!

I submitted my application this week. Is it normal to have two boxes, one with “CFA Institute” and the other with the society name?

As history has shown, two boxes = you’re golden. One box = doom.

Haha - to this day I still think that was a tell.

I just submitted my application, applying to the Toronto Society.

I see two boxes, one with 63 months of Submitted Experience for CFA, and one with 0 for the Toronto.

Seems like this is normal based on what a few others have said, so at this point just looks like a waiting game.

anyone familiar with North Carolina society and how long their approval process may be?

Thanks

Pretzel, I would recommend you give them a call. My society’s executive director answered my questions and was very transparent. He did not give me the information I was hoping for, but was helpful.

Isn’t it always a waiting game with CFA? Similar story here in Montreal. Couldn’t reach the Society but a few Charterholders told me they didn’t get accepted before well into September…

I live in HK, is it ok if I changed the society to the one that the fastest to approve the application?

which is yr society?

Emirates…the # of applicants is probably much smaller relative to other societies hence the quicker approval turnaround

I just checked my application. Submitted mine at like 2pm on friday and CFA has already approved my work experience. Now it’s under review from the Toronto Society with 30 decision days remaining.

Should I expect them to take the full 30 days?

I think it makes most sense to apply to your local society. As a member of your local society, you will have access to their resources, events, etc.

Same situation for me almost. Applied 2pm Friday and approved by CFAI this morning. However, nothing has updated for the local society…I don’t see a number under decision days remaining. Does that mean they haven’t even acknowledged my application?

I do find this process to be rather entertaining. In every aspect of CFA I’ve wanted more time and things to be delayed, more time to study, more delay in finding out results so I can enjoy summer, etc.

This is the first time I’ve wanted anything CFA related to be rushed lol.

Well, this is strange. I don’t the letters next to my name on the top right on CFAI webpage.

I passed, my references are approved, I’ve been invited to activate my regular membership and I’ve immediately paid my dues. It even says “active” under the “view my membership” section.

Still nothing. I contacted CFAI immediately but anyway, what am I missing?

I received an email from CFAI stating I was good to start using my designation. The email went to my spam folder.

Logging out of the CFA website and logging back in worked for me – I had to do that yesterday after activating my membership. You should then see your name followed by “, CFA” in the top right corner.