IF YOU PASSED, when are you able to use the credentials

Right, it’s there…

Uff, what a feeling!:smiley:

Anyway, thanks!

I always thought that getting membership approval would be time consuming but it went very smoothly…i applied today morning 11 am and 12 hours later had CFAI and Emirates society approval…paid my dues and was a charter holder finally…considering the fact that CFAI starts working around 5 pm UAE time they were super efficient in approving the application within 5 hours…

HK’s society seems to be snowed under with membership applications - been waiting for half a month now and they say most likely will get to review end-August! Hopefully the CFAI verification after I pay dues is quick, the wait is killing me haha

I submitted my application on 13 august. CFAI approved the work experience on 14 august. Local society approved it on 17 August. I received a link to activate the membership, sign PCS and pay the fees. They give you an option to select and pay for the local society but it is not compulsory. However I think it would be very useful for networking. Within minutes of paying the dues you will be able to see the cfa initials next to your name on the top right of your home page and your record will also appear in the member directory. Good luck!

Anybody know how long the Orlando CFA society takes to review?

I think it’s totally random. My society (Kansas City) is relatively small and they’re taking forever to approve here. Apparently the guy who does the approvals is on vacation so who knows when he’ll actually get around to rubber stamping the approvals. This is yet another CFA Institute fail, in my opinion. There is absolutely no reason that there needs to be two layers of approval for work experience.

Boston society is taking ages. Unreal. How can the institute verify so quickly but the society needs to take 20+ days? At this rate I’m guessing it’ll be the full 30.

#AWFUL

Someone on the forums mentioned that Toronto society was supposed to meet today. Still waiting on that email…

#30Days

I applied for membership before the test results to avoid this. DC took 1 day to approve. The good thing is you’re all CFAs soon. For those taking the test in 2017, apply for membership before results – trust me.