Level I Topics by CFAI Study Session

One of my favorite features of the new site is the ability to “tag” topics using one of the CFAI study sessions. For example, if you post a topic on ethics you can select Study Session 1: Ethical and Professional Standards so that your topic will show up in the filter for that study session. This will allow you and other members of AF to quickly access posts for a specific study session. To tag a new topic with a study session, simply choose that study session from the Filed Under categories above the Save button on the new forum topic page.

I’ve filed this topic under Study Session 1 to use as an example. You can see the Filed Under link on the right side of the page for easy access to all other topics filed under Study Session 1.

To access topics by a specific study session, please use the following links:

Study Session 1: Ethical and Professional StandardsStudy Session 2: Quantitative Methods: Basic ConceptsStudy Session 3: Quantitative Methods: ApplicationStudy Session 4: Economics: ​Microeconomic and MacroeconomicsStudy Session 5: Economics: Monetary and Fiscal Policy, International Trade, and Currency Exchange RatesStudy Session 6: Financial Reporting and Analysis: An IntroductionStudy Session 7: Financial Reporting and Analysis: Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow StatementsStudy Session 8: Financial Reporting and Analysis: Inventories, Long-Lived Assets, Income Taxes, and Non-Current LiabilitiesStudy Session 9: Financial Reporting and Analysis: Financial Reporting Quality and Financial Statement AnalysisStudy Session 10: Corporate Finance: Corporate Governance, Capital Budgeting, and Cost of CapitalStudy Session 11: Corporate Finance: Leverage, Dividends and Share Repurchases, and Working Capital ManagementStudy Session 12: Portfolio ManagementStudy Session 13: Equity: Market Organization, Market Indices, and Market EfficiencyStudy Session 14: Equity Analysis and ValuationStudy Session 15: Fixed Income: Basic ConceptsStudy Session 16: Fixed Income: Analysis of RiskStudy Session 17: DerivativesStudy Session 18: Alternative Investments

I wish there was a way to tag already existing posts

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot…

This is great and very helpful!

Thanks!

This will be very helpful to us…thnx…

Hi I m a level 1 candidate . I have failed once.in the test bank my scores are not reaching above 70 -73.I tried hard to get over 80 % but I m stuck at one point.that is 70%-73%.how to increase it now. Could anyone help me out to solve the issue. Any trick fr this.

Thanks

Madhu

Very useful. Just started to study for december exam so i’ll post as soon as i get stuck first:)

@Madhu: I would suggest to screen your own scoring pattern. Just check where you are lacking. When you get around 70-73 marks, make a pie chart on a weekly basis for respective sections. If your pie chart depicts you are good at FSA, but not that good in, say, Economics/Quant. You need to work harder and smarter on Economics/Quant relatively. Going this way, you may witness a gradual improvement in the weaker areas.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

How’s your experience with Kaplan Schweser, am too planning for this december level 1 cfa but am kind of confused between buying schweser or elan notes, any thoughts?

I am currently using Schweser notes and videos … they are a great source of learning the material. I am going to go over all the Schweser notes first and then go over the CFAI books. According to what i heard. Schweser notes should suffice, but i would’nt put all my eggs in basket.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

great

This is excellent

hi guys,

i am from a non-finance background and preparing for cfa level 1 december exam this year. i am using schweser notes. All i want to know is are they sufficient bcoz i don’t think so i will have the time to study the cfai boks.

Hello Everyone,

I am from non-finance background and would like to kick off my preparation for CFA Level1 in dec’13. But i am in state dilemma as i am not sure which one provides better study material for CFA level 1, is it Schweser or CFAI notes ?

Please help me so that i can start as early as possible. thanks.

I’ve had experience with both Schweser and Elan. I prefer Schweser. Elan was always late delivering their material. They overpromised and underdelivered.

For June 2013 Elans mock exam for level 2 wasn’t available until 7 days prior to the exam. It was not good. I didn’t even use the mock because it was available so late.

I would suggest Scheweser Notes but if you also want videos you should go with Elan. Also, utilize the EOC questions in the CFA Text as well

i was reading the quant section and it seems there are lot of formulae. Not sure how to remember all these formulae in the exam.

does it matter in what order I study the material? should I follow the order set out my the CFA or is there a suggested one?