MAGA

Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen any truck nuts in a while. Whatever happened to them?

They all got wise and went with full-size SUVs I think.

From the “there’s always a tweet” archives…

147 house members voted to overturn election results.

They’re not in the minority. The republican party as a whole is complicit in everything that’s going on.

^so you’re telling me that Republican Vulcans are trying with all their might to hold on to power, and not concede any to the Democrats?

Wow. I’m glad I was sitting down when I read that. I had no idea!

Edit - I have no idea why my phone added “Vulcans”. But it’s funny, so I’m going to leave it.

Uhhhh, that doesn’t make it ok to try and start a revolution to overthrow congress.

Like, wanting to stay in power justifies campaigning and stuff. But not a violent revolution or spewing the bullshit conspiracy theories that led to the events of the MAGA march.

You’re not ok with the outcome, but completely support every step that led to the outcome. You can’t make the connection between the two.

Agree with Schopenhauer. Such logic normalizes the actions taken by Republicans, as if this whole thing is business as usual — “nothing to see here.” Except there is something to see here. We’re talking about complicity with what any person with a high school level education should see as an outrageous claim by these @$$ clowns that the election was “stolen.” This was not a 2000 Gore v. Bush nail-biter hanging on one state. This was a clear multi-state sweep, an electoral and popular vote landslide for Biden.

Let’s face the facts — these Republicans voting with Trump know what they’re doing. It’s not an honest exercise to independently discover some truth because the results aren’t clear. They are looking for the MAGA votes in their district. Looking for votes, of course, isn’t a problem, but selling your soul for the price of faith in our democratic system is. By going along with this, it legitimizes radical thought processes. Nobody on the Republican side is coming out and roundly condemning these actions. So at its most harmless, Republicans making small talk in coffee shops don’t believe in objective reality. At its worst, it’s what happened at the U.S. Capitol. If you don’t see how that’s bad for a functioning democracy, then I suggest you sign up for an intro to poli-sci course promptly. If our elected officials are snakes, everybody gets that. But beyond some threshold, the whole thing hangs together by the glue of some sacred domains that even the snakes must agree on, fundamentally. If the politicians are not at least upholding these sacred domains, this is a foundational issue that challenges the very system that we have taken for granted our entire lives.

Another arrest, in east Alabama. This guy was photographed inside the capitol.

The attempted coup happened because Trump is the first president in the history of our country who didn’t concede that he lost the election. HW Bush conceded, Jimmy Carter conceded, etc.

And I get very irate hearing Republicans in Congress say that impeachment is horrible for the country, that we need to start healing.

First step of healing is that every Republican publicly admit the truth that Biden won the election.

This dude arrested by FBI this morning in Brooklyn,

I don’t think you know what “truck nuts” are. Look it up. (Yes—they’re a real thing.)

No, I knew what you meant. “SUVs” stands for “sacks under vehicles.”

Again–just in case you didn’t notice the first time–I’m not okay with the outcome. (the attack on the US Capitol Building)

And I’m not okay with the way that Trump has behaved since losing the election. (or since winning the election in 2016, for that matter) I’m not okay with his Banana Republic speech on January 6. But I do support his right (and it is a right, whether you like it or not) to contest the election.

And let me say this again, lest you fail to understand - He lost. He legally challenged, and he lost. The Republicans in Congress who objected to the certification lost. That should have been the end. I do not support anything beyond that.

And let me also say this again, lest you fail to understand - I do not believe that the election was “stolen”, or that there was any kind of fraud. There is no credible evidence to support the fact.

First grand jury indictments against two terrorists.

I find it amusing that you use the word “terrorist” here.

From the article, “The charge is a notable one because federal prosecutors wielded the same charge against protesters who allegedly committed acts of violence and property destruction during protests last year related to the death of George Floyd…”

Why did nobody call those protestors “terrorists”?

Statement from the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

1 Like

Mitch McConnell made a comment about all this during the riots. It was pretty powerful. Basically urged trump to step down because it would set precedence for bad behavior every election. Imagine having a power vacuum and people going up in arms everytime. Anyways this is why trump is a shithead.
But I would say the response is rather light. I was much more scared when blm riots were happening nationwide.

Happy bday my guy. Any insight on what 40s is like? What should I look out for?

They trump party

Yashar Ali :elephant: (@yashar) Tweeted:
Some GOP members of Congress are refusing to go through metal detectors in order to enter the house chamber.

And they’re outright ignoring the orders of Capitol Police. This is the “back the blue” and law & order crowd.

Follow @MEPFuller for more updates… https://t.co/sd38tlTh7k