MAGA

Dude in Idaho turned himself in.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/crime/idaho-man-who-bragged-about-joining-us-capitol-riot-in-custody-of-us-marshals/277-7aeece98-c3d2-4cdb-b966-26fe79e8b98f

Camp Auschwitz dude arrested this morning in Virginia, per CNN.

From Washington Post…

Hiding from the rioters in a secret location away from the Capitol, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) appealed to Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) phoned Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter.

And Kellyanne Conway, a longtime Trump confidante and former White House senior adviser, called an aide who she knew was standing at the president’s side.

But as senators and House members trapped inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday begged for immediate help during the siege, they struggled to get through to the president, who — safely ensconced in the West Wing — was too busy watching fiery TV images of the crisis unfolding around them to act or even bother to hear their pleas.

“He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV,” said one close Trump adviser. “If it’s TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls. If it’s live TV, he watches it, and he was just watching it all unfold.”

Another interesting choice of words. What are the chances that CNN calls this a “fiery, but mostly peaceful protest”? Or is “fiery, but mostly peaceful” reserved for left-wing terrorists?

edit - again, I’m no Republican. I’m glad the Democrats have a clean sweep of government. That way, the Republicans can go back to pretending to be fiscally conservative. But it’s hard NOT to see a liberal bias in the news media.

Dude arrested in New York last night, apparently for making threats. FBI used an armored vehicle.

Jenny Cudd of Midland, Texas arrested by FBI.

Another dude arrested by FBI in New York.

Turns out news and reality has a liberal bias.

Photo this morning from inside the Capitol.

The greatest threat to the United States is its president.

Donald Trump impeached for the second time. Of course, he’s the only president to be impeached twice.

One week from now, Trump will no longer be president.

@Greenie

You know this woman? https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/texas-flower-shop-owner-jenny-cudd-arrested-riot-capitol/

An even tougher record to break: impeached more times than he’s been elected.

The dude who had his feet on Nancy Pelosi’s desk was apparently armed with a stun gun, which could give him a hefty sentence. While I think some of the mob were very dangerous people, there was a healthy proportion of clowns like this guy. Kind of sad.

Not personally. I know of her, and we have common friends. But I’ve never met her personally.

So . . . you won’t . . . like . . . post her bail or anything?

^ummm…not tomorrow, anyway.
I have met the other guy that was arrested with her. He was nice, but very…zealous, both for Christianity and Republicanism. A little too zealous, for my taste.

Some points:

1. Capitol rioters’ goal was to stop a democratic transfer of power. BLM’s was anger at police brutality. The first goal is dangerous to our increasingly fragile governmental apparatus.

2. The other main difference between the Capital rioters and the BLM protests is that one person (DJT) could have stopped the former, either prophylactically or as a remedial measure, but instead watched it unfold live from safety.

3. Most (all?) media is biased. It is your ability to understand what are facts and what is spin that is important. This is difficult for most people, and thus the US populace will continue to be manipulated. Hopefully this manipulation takes a course that benefits the populace in some way, as opposed to simply driving division, inaction and stupidity.

4. The emergence of anitfa and BLM was a gift to the alt-right. If it is just the alt-right, then it is them versus everyone else. They need the opposite end to rage against. Kind of like the fascists and communists in Germany before WWII.

USA Today has a page keeping track of the various arrests.