Moderators, why you no moderate?

I should get a kick back! I spew real troof around this site for free! Perhaps I can capitalize on a straight troof CFAvsMBAForum…

My only sponsors would be the CFAI, Harvard, and Stanford.

Respect.

^No Oxy Powder?

^ That’s a slippery stool, I mean slope, to go down. Maybe I’d take some bribes on the backend, but I’d only display the CFAI, Harvard, and Stanford logos/banners on the page. Need to rep my forum brand equity appropriatly.

^just going tobe you and stormy lol

There is a lot of irony in this thread about moderation.

You callin’ us hipsters, bro??

And that’s why the WC is entertaining

I say allow it all. Definitely exposing. Why keep the language in the shadows? Definitely interesting to hear how some people think. Sad, but interesting. Idealistic youth is alive and well. The completely ignorant accusing others of being ignorant. What is more entertaining than that? Maybe the complete lack humility? We are all mostly ignorant. I enjoy it all. And as was mentioned, if you don’t like it, don’t participate. Hard to resist sometimes, but nobody likes to talk to themselves. The thread will disappear.

^ I talk to myself all the time and am always impressed with what I hear.

Mostly “You handsome devil, never die” while standing in front of the mirror? no homo.

I like and share this dudes perspective; however, I respect the fact that this website is funded by sponsor ads and presumably they are not going to want to advertise on a forum that condones (by negative consent) racial or cultural hate.

I think the moderators are doing a great job trying to balance this fine line.

Too many whiners and not enough hustlers.

Sorry, who in that thread are you wanting to ban? It’s not clear to me.

We don’t insist that all thread posts be 100% serious. We try to stop consistent vicious attacks on members, but tend to overlook occasional verbal scuffles.

I didn’t read the linked thread, but people have a right to be annoying.

Wow, rahul’s personality made a 180 degree turn in that thread.

+1 looks like Itera got into his account

I’m not quite sure, but I think you’re supposed to ban all the Indians.

I don’t know. A newbie comes in with a poorly formulated question that is hard to understand well enough to answer and when they don’t get the answer they want, they start insisting “answer my question.” At some point the tensions escalate.

Rahul Roy gets testy (which is unusual for his character) and tells the person not to be too confident about how much help the CA is going to be as well as an Econ degree, and is atypically direct.

Yes, it was a scuffle, but it really wasn’t much character assassination. Seems to me that the OP could have tried to clarify their question more rather than sit there and insist that the forum give them the answer that they want to hear.

So while it’s clearly not AF’s finest hour by any stretch, I don’t really see the rationale for a banning or any major disciplinary action.

100% Agree.

I think nothing was offensive in that thread.

@ Pompey:

Just out of curiosity,what you found so “offensive” in that thread??

As far as i remember no slangs,racist remarks etc were used in that thread.It was just a heated debate between me and OP.