NHL Playoffs prediction

I’m still saying 2011 is the year of The Shark… I’m predicting they’ll see Tampa in the finals

Iginla2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sharks in 7 > Bruins in 6 > ************ > > Bruins in 6 > ************ > > Bruins really need Bergeron to be back healthy, > but considering he was consussed, it seems tough. > He is their main O-threat. > > Let’s go Bruins and Sharks!! I like the Bs but now without Bergeron (when they already really could have used Savard) their offence is weak…not too mention their powerplay is atrocious! That Kaberle trade really was awful! (Sens fan that doesn’t like to see the leafs get better, lol).

My intial prediction was Vancouver vs Washington in the finals. Here were/are my picks Round 1 VAN>CHI SAN>LAK DET>PHO NSH>ANA WSH>NYR BUF>PHI BOS PIT Round 2 VAN>NSH SAN>DET PHI>BOS TBL SAN TBL>BOS so Vancouver and Tampa in the finals, and I don’t have a strong opinion about how that will go. I would prefer for Vancouver to win for personal reasons, but I think Tampa has been playing better, so I favor them to win (only slightly though).

Last nights game was amazing. Still am confident that the B’s and Nucks will clash in the finals.

anyone like tampa for tonight? I got money on it, and I feel lucky : )

Series has been a mess. I’d say it is 50/50 but if i had to bet… Boston.

Timmy Thomas can only hold them in for so long…

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Timmy Thomas can only hold them in for so long… thomas has played less than average in 3 of the 4 games.

Thomas just “guaranteed” a Bruins victory, Messier style. Made it more interesting. My only hope is the East this year, somebody please beat Vancouver, PLEASE.

I just see that he said “we are going to win”. I don’t view that as a guarantee.

Mmm… it’s close enough. He doesn’t acknowledge the possibility of losing it, he’s saying that it WILL happen, so if you take that literally, then it’s equivalent to a guarantee. But I agree that if a reporter had asked him “so you guarantee that Boston will win this series?” He probably would back off and say “weeeell, no, just… I’m pretty sure we will”. The guy’s a hockey player, not a linguist.

ovechkin made a similar claim that the capitals would beat them too. We know how that turned out for him.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ovechkin made a similar claim that the capitals > would beat them too. We know how that turned out > for him. Hope you didnt have too much on the game last night.

20$ for every game in the series; down 20 right now, and obviously doesn’t look good for me now.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ovechkin made a similar claim that the capitals > would beat them too. We know how that turned out > for him. When do Russians ever win anything? :slight_smile: If i were building a team for a championship I’d go Canadians/Swedes and throw in the odd American/Finn/Slovak…

they won the juniors over canada. other than that, not sure, I don’t follow hockey much. I just made playoff pool picks based on the stats on the nhl regular season.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they won the juniors over canada. other than that, > not sure, I don’t follow hockey much. I just made > playoff pool picks based on the stats on the nhl > regular season. It was in reference to the NHL (pros, not 16-19 yr old kids); no NHL team with a Russian leading the way as C has ever done anything…it’s a toss up between don’t give a shit (Yashin, Kovalev types) and poor leadership abilities (me-first attitude).

Vancity Represent Son!

Hoping the Bruins can shake off the bad game 7’s at home of years past.

At this point I’m pretty indifferent to who comes out of the East. I don’t think either of those teams can beat Vancouver. I’m pretty disappointed.