Picture on resume

In general it is very D-baggish and very 80s i may add. The latter is not necessarily bad tho. If you are a hot chick, then you should definitely put your photo ONLY if you are applying to Joe’s car wash otherwise DONT bother. You wont be nearly as hot as the (Eastern European) girl the manager of your division sleeps with, so… If you are male, then dont do it. Please dont. If you are an international applicant its bad too, cause you come across as too Ethinic, not able to adjust etc. On a business trip to Egypt some years ago some Egyptian exec. had his picture on his business card, I was like WTF… Bottom line: Don’t do it! P.S: TO the guy who said its common in Europe: Its not.

It is

Also, indicating your age, sex, nationality and even marital status on your resume is common in Europe. The one that got my current job and also some interviews in different IB, incl. MS, ML, Barclays, had a picture on it, age and nationality. To prepare my resume I looked through dozens of successful resumes, all had a pic

In Europe they insist on all that data and pictures precisely so that they can discriminate against you. When I first applied in Europe, I sent an American-style resume that lacked all that crap. The Euros thought I was some kind of flake for leaving off the most important stuff. Their first question for me was how old I am. Here if you are a woman looking for a job—even a hot one—and you are child birthing age, it will be much more difficult to find a job because they assume you will work for six months, get pregnant and then collect paychecks at home or for part-time work for the next 3-14 years. When I have shown my boss here resumes for chicks with not hot pictures, he cackles and refuses to take them seriously. God only knows what kind of stories minorities have to tell—I frankly don’t know that many here. The point is this: Don’t put a picture on a resume in America ever. There are very good reasons why that is avoided. On the other hand, I disagree that linkedin is an online resume, so I don’t see a big problem with that. Although my view on that might change if you have a link on your resume to a linkedin profile…

Its a matter of culture I think. In my country (Southeast Asia) the employers would not even look at a resume if no pictures are added.

It’s the same in the U.A.E. You need to have your visa status, whether or not you have a driving license, marital status, DOB. Load of BS is you ask me… all that sh!t can be dealt with in a interview and should not be dumped into your resume - with the space this crap takes up on your resume, you could expand on other areas which actually make you a better candidate.

If I can be filtered by looks, ethnical status or gender on resume stage, I prefer that to wasting my time on going and meeting this kind of people for the interview, and be rejected with all sorts of excuse

not “ethnical status”, but “ethnicity and marital status”

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > Felt important to rectify… Korean > Japanese > Chinese > Thai.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > purealpha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > TheAliMan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > That’s because European chicks are typically > > > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? > > > > One cannot disagree with that statement; > > additionally Asian > Euro > US. > > > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - > Korean > > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > > > Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on > the > > hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > > NK > > > Seoul. Thank you. > > > I agree except I would put Korean > Thai > > Japanese > Chinese. > > Bottom line, if you belong to any of the first 3 > groups, put multiple pictures on your resume. if JTLD were alive he would have said: racist

Taniamadrid, pics or you don’t exist

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A picture of a very handsome and well-groomed > monkey seems like the perfect solution. How the > hell could anyone accuse you of any kind of > illegal bias for picking that resume out of a > pile? How about this money? It might work if you’re applying to the CIA. http://www.newt.de/ao/Monkey_Agent.jpg

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Taniamadrid, pics or you don’t exist +1 Good call

Superinconsistent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > purealpha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - > Korean > > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > > > Felt important to rectify… > > Korean > Japanese > Chinese > Thai. The Chinese are scoring rather low, perhaps we need to break this category out. I feel there should be a bump for Shanghainese ladies vs countryside dumplings, no experience with HKers so unable to provide data.

First of all, where can I see your pics?

Taniamadrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First of all, where can I see your pics? Girl with an attitude. Love it. Tania, it is a custom at AF for any new girl to post a pic. Please do so at your earliest conveninece so we can freely advise you regarding future career issues. Sincerely need help.

Just be sure to make it transparent so you can put a full page picture behind the text on your 1 page resume.

Taniamadrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First of all, where can I see your pics? Hola tia buena!

They’re on Facebook. Taniamadrid is my new favorite.

Send me the list of nicks on facebook, I will have a look Please