Post 2013 MOCK results

#1: CFA 2012 am 53%! pm 68% = TOTAL 60% (am done during a flight, at least that’s my excuse!)

#2: Schweser Book 1 Exam 3 am 75% pm 70% = TOTAL 72%

The CFA 2012 mock exams were a lot more difficult than Schweser mocks. I remember level 1 last year was similar. However, the exam turned considerably easier than the CFA mocks. Let’s hope this trend repeats itself in 2013 Level 2…

My 2012 mock score was also brought down by poor performance in the AM section so you’re not alone. I’d have to agree it was more difficult than Schweser and last year that was also the case at L1. I also agree that the real test was easier than the mock.

I thought the real L2 exam was a lot more difficult than the 2012 mocks

Just done 2012 CFA mock, morning 75%, aftenroon 80%

Still feel very unprepared.

Did the first Schweser mock yesterday.

49/60 on AM and 44/60 on PM

I rushed through it and made a few stupid mistakes. To be fair, I also had some lucky guesses.

Anyone have opinions on the Finquiz mocks?

Are you all taking mock with help of notes or no help ?

Please don’t mind me asking. Are you taking L2 first time ? Just curious to know so that I can see where I stand . I am doing kind of ok in heavyweights (>10%) i.e 67% but those 5%ones are bringing me down. You are doing really good on mock with one month in hand.

First time taking, and no notes. There was a lot of material that simply was not touched on at all in the first mock exam.

While I am not unhappy with my score, I feel like Schweser’s first mock was more or less a diversified QBank exam. I expect the actual exam to be (significantly) harder.

Are scswer mock questions same as in q bank ?

Fortunately no, otherwise I couldn’t think of a worse representation of the exam! Just did the first Schweser mock exam. Scored poorly around 60% while I got 85%+ on 600 questions from the qBank. Regret buying it and will spend my time solely on mock + EOCs from now on.

hey man what mocks are you planning to do next ? The old CFA mocks from previous years or are you using other provider as well ?

anyone who has done the 2013 mock afternoon can you please share your thoughts on this question with me?

thanks

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91320199

havent got around to doing mocks yet. currently reviewing the material and doing practice questions.hope to finish by May 12th…After review i hope to zero in on those areas that i am really weak in using mocks. my review has already thrown up many of my weak areas. so post may 12th , do mocks,read mock solutions, mark weak areas ,review weak areas. repeat.

right now though its a tight review schedule.last month will be hell. gotta eat right and stay healthy too.

BTW you guys attempt both AM & PM in one sitting?

really? the schweser mock is not useful? I have the mocks but not the qbank - do you think i should not get it?

My plan now is to re-do mock questions, CFA/schweser and re-look at the EOC CFA/schweser

Well, I think this plan looks good! Many of the qBank questions are ridiculously easy, making you feel confident while maybe you shouldn’t be. 1 month from D-day, you’d definitely better practice any mock + EOCs, imo.

2013 MOCK AM Paper: 100%

PM Paper: 92%

This is a good result but don’t be surprised because this is the 4th time I am taking this level II exam. And I have practice over 3000 hours in the past 3 years. This is my final attempt, I have no more time to waste in my life for this BS

WTF that’s crazy regardless

I’m sure u’ll make it this time…

any idea why the other times didn’t work? did questions simply come up that you didn’t know or weren’t as comfortable?

You killed the CFAI 2013 mock. You are definately crossing the line this time. Forget about those 4 times you are prepared, just enter the exam hall with no fear, thats all you need to do. Can you suggest whare does CFAI EOCs and CFAI 2013 mockstand in terms of difficulty level compared to real thing ?

Crazy result, wow!

I took Schweser vol. 1 2nd test and got AM 80% PM 73%,

also took 3rd test in the same book and got AM 75% PM 82%

Now i wait to be blown away by 2012-2013 CFA official mock and schweser vol. 2

Like I said in the previous post, after taking the real exam a few times, I got the feeling that this exam is being set by different groups of people in different years and they have different styles that can really be felt in the way the cases are described and whether the questions are in a sequence (answer the 2nd question needs the input from the 1st question) or completely independent sub questions in a vignnette. Sometime the AM paper is VERY difficult then the PM is manageble, sometime reversely.

For the difficulty level, I think the actual paper is much much more difficult than the MOCK, but it could be due to the stress level in the actual exam. I tend to do the questions in sequence and that killed me quen I got stuck stumbling a trick question right at the beginning, they are smart in drilling some very tricky questions where you feel that you are going smoothly and get your confidence level drop. But anyway, the only way to kill this beast confidently is to understand each and every concept thoroughly, skipping one small subsection and then you find the exam testing exactly that part. It happened to me all 3 times.