Post 2013 MOCK results

They tested exactly what I was weak at! Every small negligible parts of the curriculum can be turned into a very tricky question

all questions are independent. question 2 does nor require you solve question 1 and use the answer.yes any small part of the sea of material can be used to trip you.some questions though are solved so quick, it makes you wonder what trick did i miss. and they dont even tell you where you went wrong.

I could not agree more…qBank is great for learning the material/gaining efficiency, but terrible for the test prep stage

I bet to differ, there are some questions that are somewhat related that I have seen, although it is not exactly using the number in the previous question. I can’t reveal the content though as it is against the rule

Congrats on those scores … and thanks for sharing your perspective about the exam in the subsequent posts … they are really helpful … especially to first time takers like me

here is what the CFAI clearly states

" The six items in each item set can only be answered based on the information in the vignette. Hence, the items are not free-standing (as in Level I), but are drawn from the vignette. You will need to read the vignette before answering the items, and you will need to refer back to the vignette for information. T he six items can be answered independently of each other, but they do require information in the vignette."

Maybe there is some confusion here? Everything I’ve heard has led me to agree with exactly what you’re saying. Maybe the confusion lies in that some questions, say CF M&M where you’re required to calculate a WACC, are followed by questions where it will state explicitly, “assume for this question that the WACC is 12%.”

This is my best guess - but everything I’ve heard suggests that no question is contingent upon a result from a prior question.

well i can’t comment on that as it gets into dangerous territory of discussing exam questions.I have seen those WACC type of questions in qbanks.

Schweser Volume 2, Test 2

AM: 82%, PM: 89%

85.2% Total

Tried my first full mock (Volume 2 test 1) maybe 3 weeks ago and only scored a 64%. Since then, I’ve gone through every CFA EOC question, and thoroughly reviewed my first mock. The EOC questions really expose what you don’t know, even if you thought you had a good grasp on it.

Going to do Test 3 soon, and I still have the online schweser mock and the official CFA Mock. Might try some of the CFA sample exams too.

Let’s look at question 7 and question 8 in the CFAI MOCK PM paper as an example, this is an example of what I meant by related to each other. Those 2 questions are actually intertwined in the concepts, if you cannot do question 7, it is unlikely you can do question 8. But let say question 8 and question 9 or question 10 of the same vignette, they are totally independent

people are scoring astronomical scores blush

escoleru can u do me a favor of explaining the answer for Q7 ? I posted the question here

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91320199

. I was very paranoid abt how the vignette did not specify enough info or did i miss something?

Schweser Volume 1 Mock 1 AM Score 76% - finished in 2h15 PM Score 63% - finished in 2h30 Overall Score 70% Ethics 83% QT 50% CF 83% Deriv 67% PM 75% FRA 54% EQT 83% FI 50% Econ 50% AI 83% I’m actually pretty pleased with this score. I’'m solid on a lot of subjects I thought I still had a lot of work on. This leaves me more time to focus on the FRA elephant in the room.

Time for a beer now.

I am getting really tensed now. I am getting 70% in q bank with individual questions

WHAT will in case format in all subjects together

crying

had a little fun with Schweser book 2 test 2 this weekend and scored an 86 average. It had to be the easiest I’ve taken so far. For reference I’ve taken the 2012 mock, Schweser book 1 tests 2 & 3, and Schweser book 2 test 1. Taking the 2013 mock next weekend so, at the very least, this has boosted my confidence going into that - though only slightly.

Nice work. What was your review process after taking book 2 exam 1?

After each exam I take five clear weaknesses and drill those thru BBs and EOCs all week. In addition, every Sunday after test review, I drill one area of FRA.

this past week, FRA review consisted of Pensions. The five weaknesses were parity conditions, model misspecifications in QM, Currency swaps, asset backed securities, and M&M. Felt like things ‘clicked’ this week in everything QM, swaps, m&m, and pensions so I was riding high goin into it. Parity conditions still need work. id love to ttirbute my improvement to an excellent review process, but I felt like it was a relatively easy test - if you’re lookin for a single one to take the week of the exam for confidence, I’d recommend this one.

ive also added significantly more hours to my studying - this stage is the “kick” before the finish.

Scored 77.5% on Schweser Book 2 Exam 2. Disgree with cgottuso that it was the easiest of Schweser (although easier than Book 2 Exam 1). Highly dependent on each individuals’ topic strengths/weaknesses, though.

deeshen i scored exactly the same mark, strange - 70/85. it was my highest mark in a mock

Geez… Have anyone besides me not taken a single practice exam yet?