Post 2013 MOCK results

I’ve done all 3 exams from Schweser Practice Book 1 and scored ~84% on average, finishing all in abount 2-2,5h. Nonetheless I have a feeling that they are way too easy to come up on the real thing. They simple don’t check any advanced concepts, only the big picture. Does anyone share this point of view?

Kobi have u done cfa official mock ?

Has no one at all written a BSAS Mock? I am really curious as to how others percieved it.

I did pretty porrly on my first mock which was on 4th May - overall 48%. My worst sections were the smaller weighted ones, and i did ok in ethics, even though I hadn’t reviewed it at all.

I am planning to do a half mock every weekday up until exam day - and a full mock every weekend, reviewing each in entirely the following day.

I am also doing a 4 day intensive review course somewhere in between. Overall I am having a lot of trouble keeping all the material from seeping out of my brain.

Does anyone have any good advise/ critiques of my approach?

I feel like I am a goner.

That is great @ clever_CFA!

Jesus!!! I am in company of nerds here … lol. You guys really make me feel sorry for myself. I’ve not yet attempted 1 single mock :frowning:

fourfourtwo - I took the BSAS mock. Two issues with it: 1) It is equally weighted by topic, so its really a horrific representation of the actual exam. 2) Way too many “gimme” questions. I’ve been a consistent 70-78% in Schweser, and was in the low 80s for BSAS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks buddy.

Same thing for me, got 80 something, but was curious how that related to other mocks you had taken.

Why would they equally weight it? Seemed like a huge oversight.

Schweser Volume 1 Mock 1

Well, this was interesting. 39/60 on the morning, 41/60 on the afternoon. Felt like I’d screwed up the morning, and done pretty well on the afternoon; yet, similar scores! A few 1/6 on the item sets, which at least highlight that I need to revisit corporate finance and alternatives. Not completely disheartened, but just feel like there’s a lot of work to do in a short period, that Schweser (if anything) is going to be easier than the actual exam, and work is pretty busy. It may come down to a cram-fest the week before which I thankfully have off.

The fact that you blew all those points on AI and CF is good news. Those must be the easiest sections of the material. A couple of days study of Schweser should bring those scores right up to 80-90%.

I bombed FRA so I’ve got masses of work to tighten up that score.

I will do CFA 2012 mock today. Can anyone who has done it tell me which questions i can skip which are not part of syllabus in 2013

Secured 60% in CFA 2012 afternoon mock test :frowning:

I got butchered on CFA 2012 mock, only 64% overall. Also did schweser vol. 2 test 1, and was not happy either with 71%. Hopefully i will do better on CFA 2013 mock and the last 2 test from book 2 of schweser.

From where can I get 2012CFA mock paper?

CFA MOCK 2012 Score= 64% frown

FRA- 55% , Ethics-50% , Equity-59%, Derivatives- 92% , FI- 83% , Portfolio- 62% , Corp finance- 75% , QT- 66%. I did not do econmics set. Also i dint find alt inv set

MY scores in CFA 2012 mock

Dont know what to make of this score

Really got smashed in FRA and equity crying

Don’t worry! There’s still a few weeks to go! You just have to push hard for the final couple of weeks! 64% isn;t bad! If you get a good exam day you can do this!

Vicky Cool, you’re sweet in all areas except FRA and Equity. Just go balls out on those and you should be ok. You’ve got a month off don’t you?

Yes i will study FRA=equity next 4-5 days and do 2011 mock in a week

Then i hope to do better

Cant pass without close to 70 in FRA and equity

Vicky. Do you have an idea of which questions on the 2012 mock we don’t need to worry about?

When I took the 2012 mock, I graded myself on 119 questions. I forget which one I passed on.