Relationship Deal Breakers

hacksaw.

Ok, you’re about the same age as me and a decade younger than BgaChad.

To each their own. I spent a good decade chasing tail around different area codes of the US and honestly I have nothing to show for it other than fleeting memories. It was shallow superficial fun. Now I’m shifting gears and seeing if there really is something about this whole love and marriage fable. Don’t knock it till you try it, right? I’ll bump my marriage thread from years ago.

@KMD - I have absolutely no problem with your decisions and your lifestyle. But you do realize you’re outside the realm of normal, right? I mean, by mid-30’s most girls and guys have decided to settle down with one person. Even the biggest and swingin’-est on AF (Brain, WYG, CvM) have either all settled down or want to.

I think as you get older, you’ll find that it’s harder and harder to find good non-meaningful overnight relationships–unless you want to rob the cradle, that is. And I don’t know how women feel about having someone 10-15 years younger as the other party. (Now that I bring it up, I am kinda curious how that feels.)

^like sleeve of wizard.

@CvM …yea, so we have both been single, but now at this age we have drawn opposite conclusions from what comes next. I think they are both vallid. You see the next step as ready for a relationship of substance. I, on the other hand, look back at all of my relationships and recognize that everytime I found the cost of commitment is higher than the substance I got out of it. Looking forward we both have risks. You risk being occationally annoyed by you girlfriend/ wife who you now must compromise with. I risk rarely having anyone to talk to or have a bond with. For me the upside of having a completely open path and being able to be the sole architect of how I spend my life hugly outweighs the risk! I assume you feel the same way about your choice.

@Greenman…YES! I’m starting to believe I am just completely eccentric in this regard. After the discussions on here I’m starting to think I should just be happy I have found my own bliss and that I live in a society where I am able to go on this way without ridicule. I guess no one else has to get it. As long as I do!

for the record… I’m not talking about a string of one night stands. I’m taking about being open to rare one night stands …BUT mostly having a few close guy friends who I get to know over a long time …occationally sleeping with them when serenditpity decides to kick in :wink: I don’t need to actually have sex very often…like I’ll go a couple years! I guess THAT eccentricity in particular helps make my strange life choice work for me!

I didn’t read the article, but this seems to be a poorly defined question. At what stage of the relationship are we talking about? First date - I’d say just about anything that irks me would be a deal breaker. Married for 10 years? Cheating is probably the only thing that would break my wife and I up. Don’t really see that happening though, so I guess I’m in this for life.

I’m looking for a life partner as well, but I don’t want to be tied down completely just yet.

How does this work in practice though? Do you have a few FWB that also want to be eternal bachelors? What if the guy is looking for a real relationship? Do you not befriend this kind of guy as it is hard for guys and girls to be friends? You may run the risk of losing great guy friends to eventual marriage/relationships where you can no longer have contact? You sound like a good looking woman (triathlete, fit, personable) so how do you find guys (tinder?). This all sounds good on paper to be an eternal bachelorette answering to nobody, but just curious how this works in real life.

hahaha best line ever

right, the pitch I made is actually an idealized version of how I would like it to work out! It is actually very difficult in practice. I will go out on my own, buy myself a Lagavulin, and look at all of the great looking guys all talking amongst themselvs because they have wedding bands on. Then some nice looking guy will come over and hit on me a litte and I will be like, “how old are you, kid” and he will be like “23”… what the hell.

What I know for sure is what makes me happy and that is to not be in a commited relationship. I am an extreamly self reflective person so I know for sure what I want. I questioned if all the guys who are off the market have been just as honest with themselves. What I have learned by spying on some of these threads on marriage and such is that these guys probably have made the best choice for them.

I realize the elegant playgirl is up for a life of mostly being alone but I am cool with that becasue I have an unusual affinity for solitue and a wierd libido that requires little actual action. Indeed, not for everyone. I am sure I will get by on the few like minded souls there are out there. Hey, at least my favorite age range, 40-50, are going though their first divorces and are soured on marriage. Perhaps I can specialize! Anyway, when I do meet these kindered spirits, if anyone has the capacity to not be jealous when they decided to move on and settle down, its me. I have already seen it happen. I am happy for him :slight_smile:

Even though my ideas on lifestyle are not likely to resonate with most, I bring them up because when someone does get it … I feel like the bee girl in the blind melon video.

^ So you monkey branch, we get it.

Respectfully, I’m not buying it.

About a year ago I went through a ‘breakup’ with a FWB whom assured me we’re cool; we’re friends who go out and have fun, and sometimes make the bed hop. I told her I was taking a woman out and she lost her sht notwithstanding the fact I’ve always been cool when she thought she met the right guy and throttled our adventures to the PG zone.

NO!!!

Monkey branching is for insecure dames who don’t want to be alone. I’m actually currently dating no one and I have no current FWB. I am always straitforward with my intensions of friendship. When I was doing the relationship thing, there would be months or years before I entertained the thought of a new boyfriend.

insulted!

Most women can’t do FWB no matter how much they try to convince themselves.

something doesn’t add up here. a 36 yo female L1 Candidate ‘playgirl’ who spends time on AF and doesn’t get laid?

you a cat lady.

^nope… pug lady!

ha! you all would have to meet me. I don’t translate very well through discription wink

A 23 yr old hits on you and you like the 40-50 age range - where are you in age? Edit : I see Turd posted you were 36. What is wrong with 23 yr. olds when you are 36 and don’t want a committed relationship?

Challenge accepted! (Considering you’re one of about four girls who post regularly around the WC.)

OOC, where are you in the world?

@ Greenman… philadelphia!

@ ace… 36 (next month)… huh, you are right! I should open my mind (about the 23 year olds)

^Higgs, go scout this out for us and report back.

We need her rated on the classic 1-10 scale, but on a F-B-P rating. That’s Face, Body, and Personality. And use AF standards, not hacksaw standards.

^bring it! I’ll pass your AF standards AND the …“hacksaw” standards… yea, I’ll pass those too