Ripple

lolz. I’m with ya iprofit. Good luck to you dude… i hope you make a killing.

My portfolio went from 15k to 9k within the last week, but i’m stil up 300% since i started this game. Hopefully when the money comes back in it will all go into the few altcoins that i’ve invested in… and i will make all this and more back…

I’m hodl for the long term although i’m just anxious at seeing my profits fall away.

Don’t you guys think the way you are thinking about this is typical of assets that eventually crash? Just be logical about your choices and don’t use this mental accounting “house money” fallacy. I’m wishing you luck, but it seems fairly obvious this has all the signs of this stuff crashing. Yes amazon is still here after the internet crash, but most of those stocks aren’t. I’m skeptical we could have picked Amazon out ahead of time. I assume this will happen with the currency

I think you’re partly right in the short term that there is a mania going on with cryptocurrencies and we are in a sort of bubble that will eventually burst. ( I think it will burst in the trillions but that’s a different topic). What I also think is just like the Internet was treated with “I told you so’s” so will cryptos. I think blockchain will be in businesses and there will be regulated, stable cryptocurrencies that have universal value that isn’t centralized in any government. It will be a bumpy road with huge dips, crashes etc… but it’s nothing any disruptive idea hasn’t seen before. I really cannot picture a future where this is all gone. I doubted cryptos before but mostly I didn’t even give it a chance. I heard about bitcoins back in 2013 right before Mt Gox and when the hack happened that completely gave me the “I knew it” mentality. I don’t have a crystal ball, I’m not a super nerd and I’m not putting my life into this but I am willing to give it a fair chance now.

Ouch another 20-25% decline…

Why you didn’t sell… mother ff…

stop rubbing salt in the wound Ohai. You wack fool. Ripple still gonna moon! HODL

To the bubblers, the same can be said to the stock market valuation and real estate for that matter. the entire economy can be thought of a little kid just blowing bubbles in the air.

As to the sell off we are sitting on currently, it doesnt even phase me. Ice veins.

Ripple kids. Back from the dead . I like how sup yo gov timed his email

It’s not really the same… If you buy say, shares in GM, the company makes cars, sells the cars, and pays money to shareholders. What can you do with Ripple? Basically, nothing but speculate on the small chance that it might have some future use. All assets are speculative to some extent, but cryptocurrencies are far more speculative than stocks or real estate.

Still HODL’ing guys LOL. It’s a milli or .23 cents for me!!! Although my gf did buy 5k at 2.50 and sold at 1.16. She’s pissed, but I told her I’ll take care of her 2800 loss.

This thing will pump for a few days, then start to head south again along with the rest of crypto, is my prediction. Unless the Ripple team has some crazy news and/or a coinbase announcement. Doubtful they announce anything since it will just look like saving face.

I was speaking more in terms of the cryptoworld as a whole and specifically on the utility tokens as opposed to coins.

ohai on point.

cryptos have no earnings to support price. just a limited supply issue combined with rising demand due to rising price.

a stock like brk for instance has about 30b in annual fcf that is growing to support its ~500b valuation.

^bro don’t generalize. There are plenty of cryptos that provide profit-sharing scripts. Sure, stored valued cryptos act in that manner but there are plenty of other cryptos that solve real world problems and issued ICOs in which pre-existing revenue would be distributed to token owners.

All of this said, this crypto world is enabling people to truly invest in what they believe in and provides a platform to be your own VC. Old money (cough Ohai) will continue to push this bubble agenda bc they are incentivized to see this fail. Dont be fooled, these dinosaurs (not Ohai but i do think he wants this to fail) were the same ones preaching google, amazon, facebook produced no tangible revenue and have an intrinsic value.

you have a choice, either continue on the hamster wheel and follow old rules, or look to join something that may put you in equal footing. Sure it may fail, but why act as a puppet for the man.

at the end of the day, it is still at best a currency. pretty much nobody is advocating holding USD or any actual currency for several years. until cryptos have domestic corporate earnings power behind them, they are constantly losing purchasing power to assets priced in actual currencies. would you rather own a crypto for 100 years or basically any stock, bond or real property? history says cryptos are fighting the natural degradation of currencies but on roids.

aside from them not working as currencies outright, this is another reason why current cryptos won’t work as currencies.

you COULD make the argument that cryptos are like gold and will retain real value over time but again why invest in gold when you can own pretty much anything else?

btw investing in gold is shit. historically. if you look at it from a 90 years perspective. its a pos.

Would I love to have an equity claim on Ripple Labs cash flows? Absolutely. But for the plebs such as myself, owning XRP is the next best thing (For now anyway, A future IPO has been discussed). Why? Because the owners own a s*** ton of it, so our interests there are presumably aligned.

I would disagree that there is a “small” chance that it will have value in the future. However, what that level of value is, definitely is speculative at this point. Not disagreeing there.

All I know is, I have used XRP and have transferred it on the Ripple Net with pretty incredible results. Low latency, low costs, and appears in destination accounts within literally seconds. Additionally, people from some of the largest names in finance and tech are leaving to work for Ripple at the C level and to serve on their board. Has to count for something right?

for the record fb was fcf positive when it IPOd

im pretty sure ohai doesnt care whether it goes up or down. he has no skin in the game. if he does care, its only cuz a lot of speculators are richer than him.

im 100% sure u care though, cuz you’ll feel the up/downside. so :slight_smile:

just a reminder 4% of bitcoin holders hold 97% of the bitcoin. my friend made a lot of money cuz he was a miner. now he is happilly selling at higher prices for expansive things like cars, watches, and condos.

‘HODL til death’. gonna get that tattoo’d under my nipple, next to ‘CFA for life’

Let’s say I know someone who just got hired at a crypto identity security company that just held an ICO and is going to be listed on a HUGE exchange in the next month. If I trade on that information, since technically the crypto market isn’t regulated, would that be a violation of the code of ethics as it applies to the CFA program? I want to make sure I stay in compliance. Thanks guys.