someone getting fried

I forgot he got a death sentence and not a not guilty verdict.

Listened to a podcast recently on how DNA can falsely convict people (because trace amounts are used now and that amount is easily moved around) and its a fact we don’t yet deal with. So I’d be cautious to assume that our error rate is sufficient enough to kill people, given the difference in minority representation

The example case was due to the fact the victim rode in the same ambulance as the accused and his DNA ended up under her finger nails. He had an iron clad aliby, otherwise he would have been convicted

Yet again, in death sentence convictions it requires a very high burden of proof, not solely DNA. People keep ignoring this either because its inconvenient for their preconceived stance or because they want to opine on DNA. Case in point, the example you cited got off with an innocent verdict (how is that a counterexample) and I’d be interested if that case was even for a death penalty which requires something so extraordinary.

The others still haven’t come back with a single example since 1995 (over two decades) that has been overturned to accurately represent their point. At this point it’s a false argument.

DANIEL WADE MOORE - wrongfully convicted and sentenced to death using DNA and other evidence in 2002.

I literally search for one minute to find this.

Lol, the lone example in 20 years is a guy who was convicted for less than a month that initially confessed to being there, unsolicited.

Someone PM me when you guys have solved the death penalty debate and I’ll lock this for posterity.

I guess the most laughably incongruent part of this and what strikes me as the most retarded is the liberal inconsistency. Cops have guns, the existence of guns on officers means there will always be a risk (a nearly infinitely larger risk) that an innocent person gets shot. There are a myriad of these examples ranging from civilian casualties in virtually any military operation to ambulances and responder vehicles running over kids. In this case, in an entire country across more than two decades there are effectively no significant cases of combined DNA and due process leading to wrongful death row convictions.

This is one of those cases where Americans would rather waste tax money that could actually help people in need locking up a bunch of animals in cages for life so they can tell themselves they somehow did a good thing. So instead we get podcasts on these counterfactual man bear pig arguments relying on cases from pre-1990 in a prior technology regime.

Isaiah McCoy convicted and sentenced to death in 2011. I believe this was without DNA evidence.

This time I searched for two minutes

Really love to move the goal-post. “Show me one case with DNA testing with a false conviction”

*Is shown case with false conviction* “Lol, liberals. That’s only lone example”

I don’t know if you’ve been following the news for the past 100 years, but liberals tend to not like the use of force by police. They actually want to reduce things like cops shooting civilians when it can be avoided, to try and reduce the collateral damage from things. That’s why liberals tend to like government oversight, body cameras, etc.

I don’t know how you can see an inconsistency here – the state should not use violence to kill people.

I don’t know what you’re projecting, but liberals tend to oppose state sponsored violence.

You ain’t lying

lol. Exactly what I’m thinking of.

Also cops with guns has nothing to do with capital punishment and that argument is whataboutism.

another black eye for black swan?

yea i dont like this lock up shit. like are these people children that need a time out.

if someone is a danger to society then kill them. if someone just needs to be punished, then beat them up or pay a fine.

but this idea that we need to lock someone up for 5 years is bonkers and unproductive.

in my experience, people dont change, if you’re going to do it once, you’re going to want to do it again. and ur either a good or a bad person.

LOL. He was guilty and let go on mistrial, he then went on to be a career pimp and human trafficker, which he also managed to also get thrown out on mistrial. Justice at work, solid example!

Lol the guy gave a false testimony putting himself there inexplicably. Suicide by court. Beyond that, the point remains that our criminal justice system self corrected within a month. In fact, in both attempted cases brought forward, nobody was actually wrongfully executed, so I fail to see how a point is even being made here that the death penalty is a problem? Isn’t that just jail time?

Not whataboutism if nobody used “what about”, nice try!

The simple point I’m making is that by and large libtards still want an armed police force because the fact is the existence of a possible misuse do not outweigh the effectiveness. In the case of capital punishment this extends to essentially theoretical misuse since even in the two ridiculous cases BWYF brought up, nobody was falsely executed? So arguing that there could in theory be a wrongful death is not in and of itself grounds for dismissal.

Says the guy using Vox like its the Economist.

It seems like you almost became self-aware for a second. “libtards still want an armed police force because the fact is the existence of a possible misuse do not outweigh the effectiveness”

That’s the entire point my dude – the death penalty isn’t efficacious.