Strange and Funny Exam Day Stories - June 2014 Exam

I put too much Tabasco sauce on my tuna sandwich, undercooked my boilded egg, and spilt some milik on my flashcards. It was a frig’n disaster I tell ya!

I fell in love with one of the proctor … no jokes smiley

There has been some mention about this hot proctor in Canada…what did she look like?

Maybe they were hoping there’ll be some rich Investment Banker at these CFA exams??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really funny but in Vancouver there were at least three people that I passed while going into the exam room asking for calculators. I seriously thought that was a myth that people would actually forget their calculator on game day.

There was a cute proctor in my section of the hall too. Bengali I guess. I stole a few glances, and went back to write my exam.

Are the proctors affiliated to the institute? Are they Charterholders or cleared all three levels?

No, proctors are hired help, CFAI doesn’t pick charterholders or candidates

My one contact fell out right after the PM session started, I raised my hand to go the bathroom to put it back in, and when the proctor saw what happened asked me if I wanted a bandaid, I found this very odd.

Munich - I farted, like really bad… it was one of those sneaky ones. When I first felt it was on the way I tried to “suck” it back in, which caused quite some pain. After that I was left to decide either to let it out slowly and quitely or fast and furious. I decided the latter was unacceptable so I went about setting up a plan to pull the sneaky number. Given the meal I had (extra garlic), I knew they would call hazmat when I had unleashed the beast, so I needed to let her rip without drawing attention. I noticed the proctor pacing down the aisles every few minutes, so when I sensed that he was approaching once more I entered into a very comfortable position with my legs stretched out far in front of me so I was barely on my chair (most people make the mistake of sitting very upright and swaying slightly to the left or the right when farting, thus giving away their trick). Seconds before the proctor arrived behind me I unleashed the demon, which gave the cloud some time to unfold before being “distributed” by the proctor. As I had expected the smell was horrible, but even after posting this I feel confident that nobody will be abe to identify me as the culprit.

^

We have a winner.

The guy next to me tapped his calculator frantically throughout the AM & PM sessions, you know, the type when you don’t know shit frantically. Felt sorry for the chap

The best by far! Well played my friend… well played.

I took it in Houston too and yes the room was not packed at all, it felt like less people are taking the exam every year

I think I estimated about 800-900 in Atlanta in June of last year. This year there were seats for 704 and probably 500-600 present.

The person in front of me was writing after time was up for the afternoon section. A lead proctor charged across 3 columns of seats to stand right next to him, and pointed her finger at him. The guy freaked out and dropped his pencil and raised both his hands… \o/

I noticed much fewer candidates this year in San Jose. CFA said apps were down 2% last year, wouldn’t doubt they are down 5% this year or more.

rofl… the best so far i read.

sat for L2 in midtown NYC. as soon as i walked in, i noticed 4 other second-timers that had previously sat with me last year. i struck up a conversation with one of them, who was sitting behind me, and the guy next to her and directly behind me joined in on the conversation. he seemed very relaxed - we were laughing and generally just having a nice pre-exam conversation. shortly after the exams were handed out though, the guy whispered to himself “this is gonna be bad…” and after just writing his name down, he walked up to the proctor, handed in his exam, and left. never to return. we could NOT believe it! this annoying guy who was trying, rather unsuccessfully i thought, to hit on one of the proctors, wouldn’t shut up about it.

the first session i felt fine, but the second i was nervous. about the exam, yeah, but i actually left with 45 minutes left in the second session to go back home to propose to my girlfriend (and now fiance). why i decided to make that day one of the most stressful of my life is beyond me. BUT, if i fail the exam, at least i did one thing right that day!

Congrats man!