What is Front Office & Back office

FO: giving side of a spiderman BO: receiving side of a spiderman

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FO: George Clooney > > BO: Steve Buschemi Gave me some lulz

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FO, client facing, revenue generating. It’s weird > going out and havnig people say “they’re in > finance” and then looking them up on bloomberg > only to A) not find them or B) read the notes on > their profile and it becomes clear that they’re a > clerk or assistant. Pretty funny. this happens so much that its gotten to the point where its not even funny, its just pathetic

Got one , for the soccer fans: FO : Brazil BO : Germany

FO: twinning BO: pity hj

FO: uses BB for analysis BO: uses BB to look up random people they’ve met who say they’re “in finance.” FO: brain_wash_your_face BO: giving brain All in good humor of course.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > FO, client facing, revenue generating. It’s > weird > > going out and havnig people say “they’re in > > finance” and then looking them up on bloomberg > > only to A) not find them or B) read the notes > on > > their profile and it becomes clear that they’re > a > > clerk or assistant. Pretty funny. > > this happens so much that its gotten to the point > where its not even funny, its just pathetic What field should they say they work in?

Don’t you know, only front office people who are at “BB” firms and do either “IB” or “ER” or “PE” are qualified to say they work in finance. The rest are just people who dilute the good name of finance.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t you know, only front office people who are > at “BB” firms and do either “IB” or “ER” or “PE” > are qualified to say they work in finance. The > rest are just people who dilute the good name of > finance. You’re right. So the people who represent less than 10% of the financial services industry are only allowed to say they work in finance. The rest must launch into a detailed explanation of their roles to people they just met and continously reinforce that they a) don’t make a lot of money and b) don’t particularly like their job.

^ I think you forgot AM in there

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Palantir Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Don’t you know, only front office people who > are > > at “BB” firms and do either “IB” or “ER” or > “PE” > > are qualified to say they work in finance. The > > rest are just people who dilute the good name > of > > finance. > > > You’re right. So the people who represent less > than 10% of the financial services industry are > only allowed to say they work in finance. The > rest must launch into a detailed explanation of > their roles to people they just met and > continously reinforce that they a) don’t make a > lot of money and b) don’t particularly like their > job. I was being sarcastic. Thought that was obvious judging by liberal use of quotes.

The should say they work in customer service. I don’t launch into a detailed explanation about what I do. Sh!t I usually dont tell girls I work in finance, I either say: “Ask me a question you actually care about.” or “I train hamsters to box each other.” Something stupid. I figure if they find out what I actually do it’s just a deal sweetner.

^ hahaha “customer service”

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LBriscoe Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Palantir Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Don’t you know, only front office people who > > are > > > at “BB” firms and do either “IB” or “ER” or > > “PE” > > > are qualified to say they work in finance. > The > > > rest are just people who dilute the good name > > of > > > finance. > > > > > > You’re right. So the people who represent less > > than 10% of the financial services industry are > > only allowed to say they work in finance. The > > rest must launch into a detailed explanation > of > > their roles to people they just met and > > continously reinforce that they a) don’t make a > > lot of money and b) don’t particularly like > their > > job. > > > I was being sarcastic. Thought that was obvious > judging by liberal use of quotes. i got your sarcasm I was just piling on for previous posters.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The should say they work in customer service. I > don’t launch into a detailed explanation about > what I do. Sh!t I usually dont tell girls I work > in finance, I either say: “Ask me a question you > actually care about.” or “I train hamsters to box > each other.” > > Something stupid. I figure if they find out what I > actually do it’s just a deal sweetner. I think anyone who uses “I work in finance” to get tail is a tool. Doesn’t matter if they’re FO or BO.

FO: Finance BO: Call Center

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The should say they work in customer service. I > don’t launch into a detailed explanation about > what I do. Sh!t I usually dont tell girls I work > in finance, I either say: “Ask me a question you > actually care about.” or “I train hamsters to box > each other.” > > Something stupid. I figure if they find out what I > actually do it’s just a deal sweetner. Ditto. I usually give some passive aggressive answer when asked what I do as an opener at a bar. I hate people that try to turn fun bar convos or first dates into interviews to fill some role. I do like the hamster training line though.

But, customer service clearly helps to retain assets. I would say that is front office. Now analyst on the other hand…at the junior level they never talk to clients and they don’t get to make any decisions. Y’all got it backwards. And the real money is hamster fight promoting, but you have to start somewhere.

greengrape Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ I think you forgot AM in there i think he added ER by accident too oooooooooooh SNAP

well Mobius, clearly you must work in the customer service section since you don’t even know what these jobs are about.