Where you at....?

I plan to put in my first hour or two this weekend when traveling. Once again I’m sticking to 100% Schweser Notes- hasn’t failed me yet. Hopefully the material is relatively interesting this time around.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > read some of gips today in schweser. it made me > > want to quit. > > Dude, why would you go to that now??? Read > something interesting! > > BTW, are you prepared for some late night (at > least on the east coast) study sessions for L3? just wanted to get gips out of the way. turns out, NOT a good idea. i’ll probably take your advice and pick something else up going forward. you were a total animal last year. i’m counting on you for that again this year, man. i’m ready for the sessions. i remember it would be midnight pacific time and you and dinesh would still be cranking out problems. animal.

I will miss dinesh this year. That guy has crazy energy. Hopefully I won’t have to be up THAT late this year, but maybe we will do a few nights for old time’s sake. :wink:

I remember seeing dinesh and some others going strong when I quickly checked the forum before going to work at 6 am… European time and then when I checked again at work at 9am they were still working on stuff. Amazing.

Didn’t dinesh pull an all-nighter the night before the exam?

Hey peeps, nice to see you all going strong for L3. The night before the exam of L2 was a all-nighter for me, since it was so much left to do. I remember doing the types of merger defence at around 8.15 before walking my way into the exam hall (unfortunately did not reach the synergies section and lost 6Q’s straight) … “I am Dinesh Sundrani and I approve this message” **lol**

Just finished reading through book 2 (study sessions 3-5). My goal is to have read through the CFA texts by Feb 1 and then use Schweser the rest of the way.

is anyone else having trouble with private wealth management or its just me ? just completed theSS 4 …started Institutional wealth management…it does seems betetr than SS4.

shuaps Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is anyone else having trouble with private wealth > management or its just me ? just completed theSS 4 > …started Institutional wealth management…it > does seems betetr than SS4. I’m currently going through SS4. There is too much info to remember on the first read through. Review will help …

I am absolutely bogged down in Ethics … but it’s like that every year that I start with the CFAI text (always Ethics). Some hate the slow start, but I like getting in done. I usually read the CFAI Ethics section 4 times before exam date anyway, so it should be first. Things are starting to get a little more normal at work, thankfully, (and whatever that means – because the securities lending industry I’m in now will never look the same again, but I digress). So I may have a little more time. I really miss my train commute. Fifty minutes one way every day with little to do but stare out the window or study, which I usually did. That was a bonus because even if I couldn’t crack the books at work or at home, I’d still touch the material. (also… .mwvt… I’m going to send you email re: some PGH insurance questions I have, if you can help.).

Sure, I will try. mwvt99 at gmail dot com

Have started yesterday. Plan is to finish first read at end of Jan. Second read at end of Apr. Sex and Drug for May. revise from 1st to 5th June. take exam on 6th

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (also… .mwvt… I’m going to send you email re: > some PGH insurance questions I have, if you can > help.). Replied.

Hey again all you study animals…been awhile. I’m amazed some of you are through so much material already! I’m not planning on even thinking about this stuff for another month, and even then would only be very light until early January. Don’t know how you guys have so much endurance!

I don’t. I am tourtued by my lack of self confidence. :wink: Nice to see you around ng30.

I’m wrapping up book 2 (I’m bogged down in Cap Mkt Exp and its making me want to stab myself). Skipped book 1. Also I’m about 7% through Qbank. It’s been hard to study lately knowing that layoffs were imminent. But they were yesterday, and I survived, so I guess I should start reading again.

glad to hear you got through it ok, smarshy. it is ugly out there…

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > glad to hear you got through it ok, smarshy. it > is ugly out there… It’s worse than ugly. Ugly is the new hot. It’s downright disgusting out there.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > It’s been hard to study lately knowing that > layoffs were imminent. But they were yesterday, > and I survived, so I guess I should start reading > again. Smarshy is like one of those institutions that is “too big to let fail”. The financial shockwaves would reverberate for miles. No chance of you losing your position. Keep studying.

Someone said tortured by lack of self confidence. My career has not let me come across most of these stuff. I feel more secure exagerrating the least probable undesirable outcome…