Your Favorite Beer

Hey carlsberg is that danny denzongpa yuksom breweries in gangtok sikkim product…

but u know tikka… malya doest have a monopoly in India bro…its jst a myth… here unorganised market has a significant chunk of market share… furthermore, the imported one’s have a singnificant market share in high class market…

and in middle class u have seagram’s brand which is equally famous… then radico khaitan…

dont ever think that mallya is having a monopoly here… he is just mallya… nothin else…

Hey carlsberg is that danny denzongpa yuksom breweries in gangtok sikkim product….

Vikas, not sure about where you live, but in Bombay literally every high end restaurant only sells kingfisher products or super expensive imports.

A buddy of mine who runs a restaurant told me that Kingfisher came by and told him to use their booze or else. Not sure what that means, but it is undeniable. Youl really see few restaurants selling anything other than kingfisher.

Malya better keep his advantage because it looks like he’s not much of an airline manager.

I just had Samuel Adams Winter Lager and I initiate coverage at “Buy”.

Very tasty beer, pours a nice shade of brown, taste is malty, moderate to light bitterness.

tusker. kenyan.heaven

I’ve just discovered Fat Yak. Very nice pale ale.

I love Sam Adams but it’s criminally expensive in Australia.

Does Oz also have a big surge in craft brewing the way the US does? I’m glad I started drinking beer when craft beer started becoming very mainstream.

Not really as far as I can tell. There are really only a couple of beers that I would consider micro-brewers that are consistently on the shelf here, but mostly it’s just all the big brands (large aussie brewers plus euro stuff).

You can find more obscure beers but you need to go a bit out of your way to find them at specialty liquor shops or the really large booze shops like Dan Murphy’s which are like alcohol heavens (a liquor shop the size of a supermarket. I always feel like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory when I go there, singing and dancing from aisle to aisle wanting to try every chocolate available).

Cannot resist jumping in here…

We Indians like maximum bang for the buck. Hence Kingfisher Strong (8%) is pretty popular here. I drink it pretty regularly. During my brief stay at NYC I had a chance to taste many beers and was pleasently surprised to see that Kingfisher is readily available over there. Taste wise Kingfisher has a taste similar to stella while other European beers are more bland in taste. As far as hangover goes if you are going to drink 2 litres of strong beer you would feel thirsty next day.

Various German beers I don’t remember the name of

Belgium - Hoegaarden

china - Tsingdao

For the Aussies on the board - Was surprised to find VB available in Toronto (although only in cans). Solid, and brings back great memories of my days in Oz…

i will never try australian beer after drinking that shit fosters.

Yeah, Fosters is horrible. Not to speak for the aussies but I think they’re rather ashamed that somehow it is recognized as their national beer. I never met one that actually liked it.

beer is too filling for me…literally liquid bread in most cases. has anybody tried honey beer? i heard it is great…

Japanese Food - Kirin

Mexican Food - Modelo

Italian - Forst

Korean Food - OB

American Food - anything other than Bud or Miller.

We have some honey brown lagers around this area that are decent. I wouldn’t say they’re exceptional, but definately nice every once and a while.

I just bought some westvleteren 12 today. I’m excited to try it

I bet it’s great. Has a bad beer ever come out of Belgium?

I love heavy beers that are like liquid bread…don’t like to pair beer with food.