Zuckerberg Wedding

Oh, he is, I just think it’s rediculous that she’s dilusional enough to think there’s any compatability there. I mean on one hand, you have an airhead who’s never done a selfless thing in her life who’s been handed around sports teams like a jersey and video taped and just had a failed marriage that partially blew up because she was having naked yoga instruction while her husband was out. On the other hand, you’ve got Tim Tebow, need I say more.

KimK has done a lot …way more than anybody that has ever come on this forum…proof is in her bank account…lets not be hateful of miss KimK…we need to be appreciative of women like her…

^ Disagree. Early in my career I learned how there is a huge disproportion among money and success. Sure she has money, but what has she really done to further society? Furthermore, if it were not for her looks, a$s, and daddy’s affiliation with OJ; she’d be either in school or serving me drinks at a local watering hole. Here we are like muppets evaluating her every move. “OMG Frankie! Did you see she had a salad with DRESSING for lunch!!” Fck her!

Now look at a guy like Steve Jobs. Money, success, and raising the subsistance level for the entire world. Gates and Buffett, creating wealth for millions while concurrently creating foundations and charities to improve the lives of others.

#ShortCelebSluuz

Clearly, she is rich and successful. However, this does not mean that we have to appreciate what she has done. Her contribution to society is the kind of entertainment that some people are willing to pay for, but I would not be sad if it did not exist.

well, then that means all atheletes are basically worthless to society…what has floyd done for ppl ? we’re entertained by her in one way or another…some have to play the villian…

i judge a person solely not by the amount of money they make…rather, how hard it is to do what they’re doing…i honestly know i couldn’t handle that kind of stress and attention she has to endure…it just seems easy but she has to work hard at it…that’s the way i look at it at least…

how many of you can speak in front of ppl and go on tv and have the world be critcial of your every move? its not easy…in addition you have a lot of ppl hating you for no real good reason…

i do not watch her show either

^ Athletes don’t create much. I’d lop them in as well. And that is a whole nother discussion.

I’m long capitalism, so good for her for doing what she’s doing. I just feel most entertainment is a racket. I like Adam Sandler alot for this reason. Makes very funny movies and then keeps a closed private life. I feel half of these celebs are famous for wh0ring out the limelight.

Small minds talk about people. Mediocre minds talk about events. Big minds talk about idea possibilities. I short office politics for this reason.

Sports arguably inspire people to live a healthly lifestyle, offer city pride, etc. But honestly, I’m not going to get hung up on the sports figures. You can have that one, I don’t care. What I do think is absolutely stupid is that you honestly think she’s “done more than most on this forum and the proof is in her bank account”. Yes, mother Teresa didn’t do anything, her bank account was pretty bare. Neither did MLK, his bank account wasn’t nearly as impressive as KK’s. Neither did Mozart, he died penniless and without a sex tape. Honestly, I’m so annoyed because I expected a little better thought and a lot less whiney drivel out of you. How many of you can speak in front of people and go on tv… blah blah blah. People slave tables in LA and live in the backs of their cars for the lucky shot she got because her daddy is famous and her family was rich. You think they’d have had “Keeping up with the Kardashians” if she hadn’t been a spoiled rich girl with a famous daddy? No, she’d just be another amateur sex tape floating around the web. Yes, it’s so hard being rich and famous. Her and snookie have crazy business acumen and random luck plays no role whatsoever. KK’s super awesome work ethic and foresight got her though and entire 72 days of marriage. Goddam aweful reasoning.

People don’t “hate her for no reason” they hate her, because she is the most obvious symbol of the current state of American materialism and ignorance.

Well, it’s probably *difficult* to do what Kim has done. Either that, or she just paid for very good publicists. However, difficulty is not the only thing that matters. It would be difficult for me to break into all my neighbors’ houses and molest their dogs. This does not mean that this is an admirable activity. The product of such activity is also important.

The entertainment that Kim produces is subjective in value. I don’t value this sort of thing, as I believe that it’s bad to glamorize materialistic and superficial behavior. But yes, that’s just an opinion.

Language, language.

Let us all focus on this image

I’m indifferent where KK is concerned, but I suspect people are jealous more than hateful. Luck clearly played a large roll in her celebrity status, but luck plays a large roll in everyone’s life. I mean how many of us would be on here if we’d been born in the Democratic Republic of Congo or Zimbabwe? Heck, we’re all concerned about 1 in 6 Americans having herpes. In Zimbabwe, 1 in 5 people have AIDS and they don’t have access to the latest treatment cocktail.

So, by your standards, Hitler was a great man, he worked hard at what he did, killing millions of people. Or Madoff, he worked really hard making up all those fake trades and stealing client money.

Money means squat when I judge a person, a billionaire donating $100k to a charity means less to me than some average guy making $40k a year donating his extra time to community service and donating $3k to charity. Because to the rich guy, that money meant nothing, it was a penny to throw away.

Now, if the rich guy accomplished something big for charity, he’s deserving of praise surely regardless of how small it was relative to his fortune, but I won’t hesistate to say someone is useless to society even if they can generate a lot of money, or if they work hard at what they do.

Hard work never guarantees success or money. And there are a lot of people who put their heart and soul into what they do, and they still fail. Such is life.

I never heard this. You have more details?

Don’t think I want to google it at work, but USA today had a piece out on it.

you guys are twisting my logic…bottom line is, there is a ton of competition to do what KK does…and she is doing something “positive” for society in that she is entertaining us and not hurting anybody…lets give her our respect and move on…

Disagree, I just don’t think the impact she’s making has been positive at all.

Another great tidbit. So KK is worth an estimated $35MM. She finally decides to launch an online charity store on eBay selling many of her used wardrobe items at a premium. Turns out, she only gave 10% of the proceedes to charity and made a personal profit off of the remainder. Very classy. Meanwhile, teenage Justin Bieber has been known to put his name on merchandise only to turn around and immediately give all of the profits to charity organizations. Anderson Cooper has said he would personally ban KK from his show if he had the authority to. KK is the equivalent of a viral STD on American culture. People don’t hate her because they’re jealous of her luck. They hate her because such a crappy person got so lucky and has such a major diva complex, not to mention her decidedly negative impact as a role model.

Come on Swan, tell us how you really feel.

I did a quick search on that naked yoga incident (im studying at home, so no work problem)

It turns out only the male yoga instructor was naked? And that KK and her friends were clothed. So, all this says to me is that the whole thing was STAGED, probably just so they can continue to stay in the spotlight of media and gossip.

makes me want to puke.

The nakedness or the circumstances?